Sunday, August 17, 2008

Repetition in Moderation

I had a weekend almost as if someone hit "repeat" on my life machine. Back down to the hometown, back to the pontoon, back to fresh air, back to a visit with both parents, and ate more Mexican food. Just as with most everything novel, it's energizing to get a change of perspective/scenery/company, but the novelty never fails to wear off. Never. Fails. To. Wear. Off. N-e-v-e-r .... f-a-i-l-s ... t-o ... w-e-a-r ... o-f-f ...
... that third time was rather cumbersome, wasn't it?

4 comments:

The Film Geek said...

The third time was the kicker! :)

Read Me said...

I'm confused.
I really don't want to belabor your point, but ... are you agreeing with me?

The Film Geek said...

Oops...that's what I get for always using my own phrases. Like when I say goodbye to someone and say "See you in a bit" they think I mean that literally. And I don't.

"The kicker" to me meant: "the best part." "The most fun." As in "I enjoyed the joke."

(Sorry.)

Read Me said...

Ohhh ... thanks for coming back and clarifying!