Monday, August 11, 2008

Good Sunny Day

Saturday was spent driving through perfect weather and scenery to my hometown one hour and 15 minutes away from here. At the park there, there was a lot going on and I ran into a whole bunch of people I haven't seen in awhile, and a few more people I'd seen more recently. It all happened so fast. All of the sudden we were at a Mexican restaurant eating burritos and drinking margaritas in a big, colorful courtyard where each wall was painted a different, bright color in pure Mexican style. Then I paid a visit to a relative, and after I left there I went to a friend's house, where I wandered around, went on a pontoon, listened to the Rubber Band, and had some good food and saw friends. At the end of the night I was going to drive the hour and fifteen minutes back, but it was dark and one of those technologically advanced warning signs related to tire pressure appeared on my dashboard. I decided to wait until morning. I tried to sleep but I was wide awake almost the whole night for some reason. I came back the next day, glad to have had a change of scenery this weekend. Nothing remarkable happened, but it was enough to make me happy.

No comments: