Saturday, August 23, 2008

From Hell to Heaven

A bright, shiny, brilliant day. A great day to watch "From Hell." At least it's over and now I can mail it back. I started to watch it last Friday night but didn't get through the whole thing, so it took me a week and a day to get back to it. It was very dark.
Today I had a revelation from above. Well, I mean a revelation from looking up at the brilliant, blue sky. I looked up at the sky and I realized that mankind has artificially created humanity's idea of a higher power that resides in heaven. We have all-knowing satellites that look down upon us from up above in the ethereal realm, with the ability to monitor and record what we do, check on us to see if we're engaging in any wrongdoing, and send us information, but we can't see them. It's a self-prophesizing phenomenon. Something the authors of religious texts from centuries ago never could have imagined or foreseen.

No comments: