Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Today I went for two walks. One, on a trail on the way to lunch. Two, on a track orbiting a playground. It was about 38. Much better temperature to take walks than yesterday's extreme frostiness. I thought kids could eat for 99 cents tonight at Damon's, so we went for dinner and the little one ordered the kids' salmon. It turned out that only part of the kids' menu was priced at 99 cents tonight; the kids' salmon was the full price of $7. So the whole point of it would have been to save $6. I guess I can live with the difference, but I do feel a little bit baited and switched. Last time we went, I believe the waitress just told us that children eat for 99 cents on Wednesdays. And it just so happened there was a local basketball game and we were at a sports restaurant, so sports were thrust upon us like at no other time we had in a restaurant.
I thought about how some people (read: men) think and live their whole lives in sports speak, and I am oblivious. I think I understand a lot about life and then I watch basketball, and I'm not sure I get it. The competition, the commentary, the strategy, the supportive comments and the disparaging comments -- I suppose some people have that on their minds all the time, incorporating it all into their everyday lives, and I do not.

No comments:

Blog Archive