Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is Black Walnut an Acquired Taste, Or Is It Just Really Bad?

A few days ago I was shopping for ice cream. I thought I'd give black walnut-flavored ice cream a try. I like pistachio ice cream. I like butter pecan ice cream. I like all ice cream, nuts or not. Any ice cream with nuts has been very good. Black Walnut ice cream is not. My grandmother used to make black walnut fudge at Christmastime, and I did not like it. I thought I didn't like it because it was something an adult would like that a child wouldn't, like spicy spaghetti or coffee or black pepper. Black Walnut ice cream is really bad. It tastes like black walnuts. It tastes like I think dirt might taste like, and bitter. But someone's got to finish it, or else it'll just sit there in the freezer.

No comments:

Blog Archive