Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Today I struggled, argued with myself, to shake off mildly negative feelings I don't want to have. I tried to take advice I heard this morning, to see the negative thoughts for what they are, and let them pass. I just can't do that so suddenly. I have to keep reminding myself, over and over and over again, that this, too, shall pass. Maybe I haven't quite figured it all out yet, so the negativity of the thought processes and the events that triggered them keep coming back to me until I do. I took a quick walk in the 28-degree cold today, with socks that have holes, and sandals with no backs, since I have a crippling blister on the back of one of my ankles as a result of taking a long walk with unbroken-in shoes this past weekend. By the time the heel blister heals, I think I can count on my negativity healing itself, too. The sharp pain of blisters, bruises, cuts and visceral bad thoughts have a life cycle of about three days.

No comments:

Blog Archive