Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday

Again I worked straight through the day, but this time I left at 4:45 p.m. instead of my usual 5:45 p.m. The weather was unbelievably brilliant, beautiful, bright and warm. Again I came home and immediately spent a while on the phone, before I got to do anything, but this time it was not for a stranger. I tried the flan. It tasted just like it should: eggy and creamy. We went to the library and the usual crowd was there. There's the guy who sits in the chair and meditates, usually while holding something in his mouth, like a $5 bill or a styrofoam cup. There's the guy who walks into town every day at around 2:30 p.m. right past my window. He has a ponytail, black leather jacket, and chronic cough. There's the guy with the gray afro, but I didn't see him tonight. The guy with the English accent is always delightful. I will have to get up very early tomorrow for a drive down south.

No comments: