Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chair assembly

My proudest accomplishment today was working through the complicated, heavy, incongruent labor of one completed office chair, from box to desk in about one and a half hours. Next time I assemble furniture I will plan better and wear pants. Yes, I went without pants today at work. But I was fully clothed.
I got to talk over my idea about speaking out about problems versus keeping them to yourself and letting them fester. I explained my theory about how I came to the conclusion that it is better to talk about it, but best if diplomatically articulated. The person I talked to said that there is no way to be diplomatic about certain problems, as any way you explain will offend. If you find a way to say it without offending the person, you probably will have failed at getting your point across, he said. But perhaps I inspired him to think a little differently, in some small way. I will give myself the credit, anyway.

No comments: