Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday

Another non-stop day today at work. I expected it to rain today but the weather was balmy and warm and no rain fell during the daylight hours. I went for a walk, uphill then downhill, and studied and theorized on the dynamics of my neighborhood. Planned-use area. Quiet. No one travels through here unless they're coming and going from one of the houses around here, which happens about once every 15 or 30 minutes. Many houses were built at the same time and look very much the same, much like most of the neighborhoods that exist. I started thinking about how the same types of houses were built in railroad towns to accommodate the railroad workers; the Sears Crafstman houses that were built mostly between 1910-1912 that are distinctly efficient and not lacking in character; the many houses built in the 1920s that have three rooms downstairs and three rooms upstairs, and only one bathroom. My mind soon tired of the analysis and I quickly moved on to being acutely aware of the rocks in my shoes.

No comments: