Saturday, April 5, 2008

Friday, April 4, to Saturday, April 5

April 5
Finally the energy of spring spreads to this land. I went for a walk today and I feel alive! The walk I took enabled me to take in fresh air, but I feel it’s one of the lowest forms of walking --- traveling on a circular track. On the other hand, all playgrounds should have circular tracks. That would give the supervisors a benefit and the motivation to do something productive, as opposed to sitting on the bench. I’d say the lowest form of walking would be on an indoor circular track. Today, the outdoors, the benefit of fresh air, the scenery of a view over the town, a little dog making a run for it, and the scent of wood chips spread on a playground make the circular track as close to a regular walk as it gets. All that repetition really gets to a person after awhile. I can only look at the stale piece of bread lying in the path so many times without getting highly annoyed. I don’t think most people have a problem with walking on a circular track. Maybe it’s just a weird personal thing I have against repetition. It kills the spontaneity that I crave.


Anticipating Friday night through Sunday morning's bliss of tranquility, free will, and stillness in my own little sphere of being evaporated in seconds upon a phone call in the afternoon of Friday. No, you cannot count on any of this, as much as you might have believed you could. What was the reason given for this proverbial rug being pulled out from under me? It was that someone who lives in another town had to do homework, and therefore my anticipated inner peace would be converted to the gift of a family of three, in which inner peace frequently goes out the window. I will look back upon the days of my children's youth with the satisfaction of being lucky enough to be able to enjoy their childhood to the fullest.
We went shopping for a cake mix so that we can have cake cookies, saw a movie downtown (Be Kind Rewind) and had dinner with friends. Looking back, I wouldn't have wanted to spend the evening any other way, actually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Taylor says: I believe that the more time we spend choosing to run the deep inner peace circuitry of our right hemispheres, the more peace we will project into the world, and the more peaceful our planet will be.

Read Me said...

Sometimes you have to think creatively to feel inner peace.