Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday

I went on a tour of the eighth grade today, through seven ... or was it eight? ... class periods, lasting eight minutes each. Oh, the horror. Parents were saying "hi" to each other in the halls. Some parents snubbed one another. Now I remember why I was depressed in school. It is so painfully obvious when one chooses to snub another, or gush over one but not another. To feel invisible ... well, the teachers always liked me, anyway ... they looked at me and smiled, glad that someone appeared as if they were paying attention and interested. I'm glad my preview/glimpse back into the eighth grade has reached its end. As my high school English teacher told me, the agony of being slighted is the blight of the sensitive person, among other tragedies.

No comments: