Sunday, September 14, 2008

A change of scenery is always nice.

The wind is picking up in great gusts all that enters its path. We entered the movie theater to watch Wall-E, leaving behind a bright, sunny day, and exited the theater to an overcast sky and warm, strong gusts of wind that turned all the leaves on the trees upside down.
I heard so many good reports about Wall-E. The critics loved it. The people who aren't professional critics loved it. When I saw the previews, I thought it looked like it would be annoying and couldn't imagine that it would have much merit.
I put all my faith in the people who said good things about it. In fact, there was nothing bad said about it. How could I not?
I'm still waiting for a good movie to watch. How can a movie about robots that have feelings be good? That's right, I said robots THAT have feelings, not robots WHO have feelings. They're not "who"s at all. I didn't like that Wall-E looked realistic, but that the people looked like cartoons. The best part was at the end, as the credits were rolling. Peter Gabriel's passionate and calming voice came on, and countless styles of drawing and painting depicted the whole rest of the story that you want to see, that you will imagine after the movie ends. That was the best part. People walked out during that.
The rest of the weekend was spent running down to the hometown and back and then to Pittsburgh. There were quick stops to Trader Joe's, a pet store, Buca di Beppo's, and an actual mall. At the mall I bought stuff for other people. Some stuff I bought for myself included some Indian food and ginger granola from Trader Joe's. I also bought some brownie mix that requires only that you add yogurt to it and then bake it. Hm. I was too curious to resist. A man asked us at two different times if we could give him 70 cents.
I got to go out and do stuff and see stuff. Now I feel better.

No comments: