Friday, September 19, 2008

Chronicles of My Traumatic Injury

The big dog bite mark is quite remarkable in color. It changes every day. The colors are spreading out and the injury area is becoming larger and larger. The first day after the bite, it looked like a big pomegranate cut in half on the place where I sit down. The second day after the bite, it was red and pink and there appeared to be a blurry picture of a buddha in the middle of it. The third day after the bite, it was bigger and darker, with shades of black, dark purple, and a little yellow spot in the middle where buddha's belly used to be. Now it's about the size of a piece of bread, and is still very purple and dark. It still hurts. It hurts especially when I walk and when I sit down and when I stand and when I lay down. The dog warden gave me the number of the owner of the dog. I finally worked up the nerve to call her yesterday, and the message on her cell phone said the caller you are trying to reach is not accepting messages at this time.

No comments: