Thursday, May 22, 2008

Week O' Lunches

This week has been The Week of Lunches Like No Other for me. Today I feasted on taboulleh and hummus in the company of my dear mother and friend Katarina (they also came to bear gifts, for no reason at all), yesterday with Yousiphanes to venture to a hotel-on-a-river restaurant (want to go there again as food was exceptional), and the day before with co-workers and new intern. Most days I have a brunch of water, coffee and granola bars and don't eat until dinnertime. This week I have been immensely spoiled. It's hard to go back to mundane at-home cookin' after a long string of magic food. I can't cook anything all that interesting, because the longer I spend in preparation the more I am assured that the rest of the members of the household will scorn the results, which is what happens almost invariably. Instead, I read a lot of cookbooks and imagine what I'd cook if I had a willing audience.

No comments: