Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another Friday

Town was unusually empty Friday -- did everyone leave to go somewhere interesting and exciting this holiday weekend? There wasn't even a line at DQ. Straaange. The only sign of life was with the large crowd of people standing around, sitting around as they typically do, seeming to do nothing at all but sit or stand around, maybe talk a little, meander a little, by the church steps. All evening. All night, maybe, I don't know. Maybe they're waiting for the bars to open. I feel like I'm walking through a punk-rock music video when I walk through there. Guy with Black Leather Jacket and Ponytail was there, as he always is, with the crowd. Thursday night he was on the church steps polishing his black leather shoes with a bottle of black polish. Last night he was across the street, with shiny black shoes to match the rest of his ensemble. Outfit, that is.
I came home at 8 p.m., crashed, and slept until 9 a.m. this morning. I didn't think it was possible. I feel better.

No comments: