Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday

We've added a few improvements to our home, including a chime made of spoons and a fork, and a bird feeder that brings small brown birds, doves, cardinals, and bluejays to our yard. It's fun to watch birds come visit for our little snack we offer. And I used to think bird feeders and bird guests were completely uninteresting. How could I have let that happen? A few days ago I saw a tiny hummingbird and a pair of orioles high in the treetops, and I felt like my world was suddenly so much bigger. My grandmother used to call us excitedly to her kitchen window overlooking her back yard when something unusual landed in the birdbath. Sometimes she'd try to take pictures. I thought that she must have been really bored.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't have a bird feeder yet, but I get the fascination. My dad is also obsessed. He has several feeders at his North Hills home, so I imagine you see some of the same birds!

Read Me said...

There are either a lot of cardinals around here, or the same ones are haunting my block.