Friday, November 21, 2008

How I Feel When I Don't Get Exercise

I feel a heavy presence all around my body. It moves with me and drags me down. If I could describe the aura around me, I would say those little lines all around Pig-Pen in the Peanuts comics would be it -- black squiggly lines that denote chaos, scattered dust, and gritty strands that follow me in a sketchy cloud as I move. Nothing seems quite comfortable -- I'm too hot or too cold, hair is falling in my eyes, I have an itchy tag brushing against my side, and I feel tired. The back of my neck is sore and my teeth are clenched. It feels too cold to go outside to walk, and I absolutely refuse to buy a membership to go to a gym. It's not that I'm worried about the cost; I just don't think I would fit in. Those people with gigantic muscles and huge egos to match scare me. There's just something very unnatural and inhuman about them.

No comments: