Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All is good. Sort of.

Today was a perfect day. I had a couple cups of extra-strong coffee for the second day in a row, which made me move much too quickly but not cleverly enough to avoid mistakes related to being tired. Today is one of those days you want to make the most of, because the whole world is sunny and the temperature is warm and nice and not hot. I talked today about unpleasant stuff that happened in the past, and talked about how talking about it opens up old wounds and makes the pain come back to life. Haven't I learned my lesson by now? I was talking about that very occurrence, moments before I verbally recalled some of those exact same unpleasant events from a long time ago that made me think about feeling that way in the first place, and all that information was completely unsolicited from the person I was talking to. So then I ended up thinking that all my thinking was a waste and now I feel bad about the past and the present. Less thinking. Less talking. More moving forward. A perfect day. Except for that. We sensitive people have tortured souls.

No comments:

Blog Archive