Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday

Today I walked instead of ate during lunch. There were a lot of people doing the same thing, down and around on the rail trail. I passed by the guy who straps a big radio on the back of his bike again. Only this time, I looked right at him and I'm pretty sure he was a different guy than the usual radio-strapping biker I see just about every time I go. Maybe it was the same guy, but without hat. Maybe it was a different guy, but the first guy made the radio thing cool and he started a trend. I realized I've spent much more time focusing on the radio than on the bicyclist.
I traded some good stories with my walkin' partner. The weather was perfect for walking, but when we got back under roof the sky darkened ominously and then the rain poured down.
Thoughts of the worn-out phrase, "life is short," occurred to me today. Not just thoughts -- feelings, too. As much as I hate worn-out phrases, I felt the truth of it and I don't want to look back with regret any more than I already do. On the other hand, regrets can be transformed into life lessons and maybe every life needs them in order to grow. Along with some other stuff, like water, sunlight and food.

No comments: