Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Color correction, they call it.

I spent more time this week than ever in a beauty shop today; actually it was a beauty college, and I had never been in one before this week. Yesterday, about an hour of my time, which was OK, and today, three hours were consumed in an old, big, beautiful building containing lots of people, energy and color all around. This time and money spent was all to correct a hairstyle misstep that was perpetrated on my children by another family member in a completely separate household. Did he ask me if he could put permanent blondish-orangish highlights into their dark brown hair? No. Did he do it himself? Yes. Would he do it again? Probably. He is an artiste.

4 comments:

cat said...

My 17 yr old daughter probably would have been thrilled to have some crazy cousin permanently dye her weird. She does it herself regularly. This month it's pink and purple with black underneath.

Thank you for your comment on my '52 Vincent post. I don't know why I didn't want to accept Richard Thompson as the composer. Why not? He's awesome. Link away, amigo.

Read Me said...

My idea of weird, as in a little offbeat and cool, would be pink/purple/black. The orangish/blonde highlights created by their dad looked more like a mistake to me. But they liked it, so I guess it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

The Film Geek said...

I once got a $2 hair cut at the local barber college. It was worth at least $5! :)

Read Me said...

T.F.G.: Maybe that's because you went to barber college, not beauty college.