Monday, January 25, 2010

Distance

This past weekend we took a journey to the homeland, and saw Avatar for the second time. We celebrated a birthday and sang Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog as requested by the birthday subject, enjoying her closest 20 friends and family members as we ate at a Chinese restaurant. We sang and ate there last year, except that last year I arrived close to the end of dinner because I went, in search of the right place, to the other three Chinese restaurants in town first, even though I had passed by the right restaurant when I first drove in to town and would have been on time if I'd known that restaurant had changed its name from the name I knew.
This evening I contemplated going over to my neighbor's house to explain that his two bags of trash had fallen into my driveway and a lot of it had spilled out onto my hillside and yard. I don't think he could see it from his place. He wasn't friendly, but said he'd take care of it. I was nice. He was standoff-ish. I hate it when the pull of energy is not the same between two people. It leaves me feeling off balance. I was thinking about the dynamics of physics and space in relationships yesterday when I took a walk. It is rare when two people share the same energy and feeling for each other. When it happens, you somehow, somewhere, feel the connection and the other person feels it, too. I just think it's physical, physics, in the invisible energy waves. As basic as it seems, it feels good to commit it to words.

No comments: