Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday

Yesterday I went to a wedding, and did not feel the slightest bit cynical. Mm ... maybe a touch cynical, but much less than ever. I spent a lot of time right before the wedding painting a picture of the lovely couple taking a motorcycle ride in the midst of some amazing scenery. Maybe that helped lessen the feeling of cynicism.
The leaves on the trees that lined our road on the way to the wedding were more colorful than they are at home. Taking in the beauty of it all, in the short amount of time that is available, is something that must happen. Kind of like how one should feel when going to a wedding.

2 comments:

The Film Geek said...

Terrific post, and very interesting. I'm curious if the reduced cynicism is due to how you invested in the process. I notice when I'm cynical (which is too often), it's due to being on the periphery and not participating. When I do participate and invest, it's harder.

Read Me said...

It was probably a combination of the investment of time in the painting, and that I get less bitter, and more positive, about marriage as time goes by. It's been seven years since the divorce. Maybe it's the antithesis of the seven-year itch.