Friday, September 25, 2009

Kenyan Cafe, Part 2

A re-visit to the Kenyan Cafe this night. What a welcoming, fulfilling, happy place to eat. The food is wholesome, flavorful and interesting. The masala tea is sweet with sugar and cloves, spicy hot with ginger, and soothing with its creamy, hot goodness. Oh, yes, tea can be that good (I hated tea for the first 25 years of my life. I thought it all tasted like dirt; it turns out that the only tea that tastes like dirt is plain black tea or plain green tea with no herbs, spices, sugar or anything to flavor it).
The owner was just as friendly this time as he was the last.

3 comments:

cat said...

Mike S and I went there for lunch yesterday, so yummy. It's so nice to have a place like that here. All those spicy stews will be the ticket for the coming cold weather, too.

Melissa said...

I love this place, too! Yum, yum! And I agree, the owner is super-friendly. I love that he makes an effort to use organic ingredients from local farmers. Cheers to the Kenyan Cafe!

Read Me said...

Mong beans with kale. Mmmm.