Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday

I started a new book last night. I started out feeling uneasy because the book starts from the thoughts of an elderly woman looking back on her life. Suddenly I didn't want to feel that way. I tried to tell myself that it's just normal, and maybe by the time I'm elderly I won't mind having only distant memories left to occupy my mind. There's still so much more stuff I want to do! I'm not ready to jump into the mind of an elderly woman who no one wants to talk to or visit and who smells funny. I will read on with the hope that the book makes me feel better about that feeling.
Yesterday and today I thought about someone who gave me a hard time without justification, or so I thought. I kept trying to shake off a bad feeling, and it wasn't going away. The only comfort was the thought that after a few days I wouldn't feel bad about it at all anymore.
Maybe with the sun shining, or just eating healthy food, or a combination of good things to think about, I felt happy. The kind of happy one feels when a really good song is on and there is a happy atmosphere and friends are all around and everything is relaxed. None of that was happening, but the image in my mind made me happy for some reason.

No comments: