Sunday, December 14, 2008

Is it Me?

I thought I was going to have a little getaway visiting a friend yesterday and today, like a vacation, a change of scenery, a relaxing and fine time. Upon my arrival, I wanted to start it out right by treating myself to the simple pleasure of cake batter ice cream with cherry pie filling and chocolate cookie crumbs, and, while the ice cream worked its magic with its creamy, sweet goodness, I was admonished by my friend for making a bad choice during my cold recovery process. Later I was reproached for using what my friend misunderstood to be sarcasm. My friend does not like the sarcasm in my personality, but this time I was not joking at all. Some people have complimented me for having a "dry wit," whatever that is, and I don't know if that's the same thing or not. I don't really notice me being sarcastic. I'm just a really funny person and he doesn't appreciate or understand that. Either that, or I should be more kind and loving all around, and not joke around. I suppose a counselor or mediator would say the reality is somewhere in between.

No comments: