Sunday, December 6, 2009

Saturday

Yesterday I went for a walk in the snow for about an hour. I got a phone call toward the end of my walk and I had trouble talking because my face was kinda frozen. Earlier that day I read through a cookbook and decided to make a few recipes from it, mostly involving baking. I bought ingredients for three of the recipes, plus a lot of other food, and ended up spending way too much at the store. I had to walk by some bubbly college students who were running the Salvation Army bucket outside the store. They were serenading everyone who walked by, including me.
The day before that I had a conversation with someone about another person who practices witchcraft, and it got me thinking about manipulation. Does the draw to become a witch attract people who like to manipulate people and things? But at the same time, does it involve peaceful interaction and respect of nature and mother earth above all else? Don't the two contradict each other? How to reconcile the desire to manipulate and the desire to live in harmony with all existence? I wonder.

No comments: