Sunday, November 29, 2009

I Love You, Mr. Fox

After a string of movie-watching of lackluster blockbuster films, I finally saw a magnificent movie that kept me laughing and interested from beginning to end. Wednesday I watched Twilight's New Moon movie (sappy, melodramatic and dry); Friday I watched A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey (I fell asleep 3/4 of the way through it); and Saturday, The Fantastic Mr. Fox -- quirky, witty, artistic, crafty, hilarious, doll house-like, picking up on subtleties and details of life that make a movie great.

4 comments:

Donutbuzz said...

YES! I absolutely LOVED "The Fantastic Mr. Fox." I'm not a big fan of Wes Anderson, but the animation totally suits his style and this film prompted me to laugh so hard I hurt my tummy. (Some parts did scare my daughter, who is five, but still a great flick for the whole family!)

Read Me said...

I think I laughed the whole time!

cat said...

I haven't seen the movie, but the short phrase "lackluster blockbuster" sounds like a beautiful Mos Def rhyme. I've been trippletting it in my head ever since I read it.

Read Me said...

Thanks for your kindly kudos.
Ha ha.